Tourist Information Memmingen
“Get on and take off! “ – Allgäu Airport Memmingen (www.allgaeu-airport.de) provides easy access both to Unterallgäu and the town of Memmingen - the perfect place to start your holiday.
The Unterallgäu region with its lush green meadows and gently rolling hills set against a backdrop of Alpine peaks is a walker’s paradise (www.tourismus-unterallgaeu.de).
The historic town of Memmingen has a wonderful array of interesting sights with a Mediterranean touch. The historic center is the perfect place for a gentle stroll and a little shopping all topped off with some local culinary delights.
Allgäu Airport makes it really easy to get to the winter wonderland of Upper Allgäu. with its superbly maintained winter walks and wonderful cross country trails during the snowy season. Memmingen is also a great place to visit in winter: snow covered alleyways, steaming streams, hot mulled wine at the Christmas market and plenty of live music. It’s always the right season to visit Upper Allgäu and Memmingen!
- Memmingen – historic centre: Signed town walks in English, town wall, gateways, churches, museums, shopping
- Basilica and Ottobeuren Abbey – large baroque abbey with an impressive basilica
- Illerbeuren museum of farming life – open air museum, a walk back in time through “Old Swabia”
- “Reichskartause Buxheim” Buxheim Charterhouse – German Carthusian museum with its famous carved choir stalls
- Historic centers of Mindelheim and Mindelburg