- Christmas village in the Imperial Courtyard of the Munich Residence 22 November to 23 December 2018, daily 11am-9pm Admission free www.dasweihnachtsdorf.de
A visit to the Christkindl market on the Fraueninsel, an island in the Chiemsee, is a very special experience. On the first and second Advent weekends, visitors can enjoy the unique atmosphere of the island enhanced by the romantic lighting, festive music and Christmassy aromas of the market with its many stalls. The various cultural events – the concerts in the minster, Advent choral and instrumental music on the stage and the fairy-tale tent on Lindeplatz – will make your visit an occasion to remember.
- Christmas market on the Fraueninsel in the Chiemsee 30 November to 2 December and 7 to 9 December 2018 Provisionally Friday/Saturday/Sunday 12-7pm Admission free www.christkindlmarkt-fraueninsel.de/
The Cadolzburg near Fürth is also celebrating Advent. The traditional artisans’ market takes place in the medieval atmosphere of the castle’s bailey, where numerous stall-holders offer jewellery, textiles, handicrafts, ceramics and floral art. The seasonal activities are not confined to the castle: on the Marktplatz and the Pisendelplatz of the little town of Cadolzburg itself there is also an Advent market, surrounded by historical half-timbered houses.
- Artisans’ market at the Cadolzburg 1 and 2 December 2018, Saturday 2-7pm, Sunday 11am-7pm Admission free
A romantic, contemplative atmosphere characterizes the Christkindlmarkt at the Chinese Tower. At this Christmas market in the middle of the English Garden, the various stall-holders display artistic and handicraft articles, Christmas and gift items. Christmas trees are also on sale here. At grandmother’s story stall next to the Chinese Tower, children in particular can get in the mood of the loveliest festival of the year. And from the market you can also take a carriage ride through the English Garden. There will again be two children’s days with cut-price rides on the large wooden carousel.
- Christmas market at the Chinese Tower in the English Garden 29 November to 23 December 2018 Monday-Friday 12-8.30pm, Saturday/Sunday 11am-8.30pm Admission free www.weihnachtsmarkt-chinaturm.de
Music and art await visitors to the Blutenburg Christmas in Munich. The festive and Advent music in the castle, courtyard and chapel creates a reflective atmosphere. Works of art, as well as hand-made soap and carvings can be purchased at the stalls of the Christmas market. And at the "Schloss-Schänke Blutenburg" restaurant you can relax over mulled wine, coffee and cakes.
- Blutenburg Christmas at Blutenburg Castle 6 to 9 December 2018 Thursday, 4-7.30pm, Friday, 2-7.30pm,Weekend, 11am-7pm www.blutenburgverein.de/blutenburger-weihnacht
Castle Christmas at Burghausen Castle, a Christmas market with a difference, is taking place once again this year on the third weekend of Advent. In the atmospheric surroundings you will find a selection of market stalls with a wide range of items. Traditional articles such as Christmas tree decorations and nativity figures complete with stable are available alongside felt and lambskin products and jewellery. Entertainment is provided with a musical programme of Christmas carols and melodies. Mulled wine and roasted almonds are among the typical seasonal refreshments on offer.
- Burghausen Castle Christmas 14 to 16 December 2018, 3-9pm Admission fee €2, children under 18 admitted free of charge
Rosenau Palace is joining the pre-Christmas festivities: the Coburg Palace and Garden Administrative Office is organizing an Advent market in the orangery. Entrance to the market, where selected artisans are offering high-quality wares, is free of charge. Christmas decorations, ceramics, pottery, wickerwork, carvings and glasswork, jewellery, felt articles and many other artistic products change hands here. Stollen, freshly made waffles, mulled wine, children’s punch, pizza bread and fried sausages can also be sampled in the Christmassy atmosphere.
- Advent market in the orangery of Rosenau Palace Park 8 and 9 December 2018, 11am-6pm Admission free
“Winter delights” awaits at Trausnitz Castle. In the magnificent and highly atmospheric castle, you can enjoy a tour of the approximately 90 stalls with their Advent decorations, handicrafts and culinary delicacies. Here you can spend a few relaxed hours before Advent begins and take home many exciting creations. The €7 ticket includes the shuttle bus from the old town (Altstadt) via Grieserwiese to the castle; in addition to a fire show, live music and talks, a children’s programme is also on the agenda.
- “Winter delights”– Advent market at Trausnitz Castle 7 to 9 December 2018, Friday/Saturday 1-9pm, Sunday 11am-7pm Admission fee: €8, children under 16 admitted free of charge www.gartenlust.eu/
The beer garden of the Schlosswirtschaft at the Schleißheim Old Palace also has an Advent market. The exciting programme includes a story hour for children and carriage rides. Live music creates an appropriate atmosphere as you walk round the colourful stalls. The articles for sale and the refreshments are provided by Schleißheim organizations and local businesses.
- “Winterlust Schloss Schleißheim” – Winter market in the beer garden of the Schlosswirtschaft, Schleißheim Old Palace 9 to 11 November 2018, 3-9pm Admission free www.gartenlust.eu/
From 28 November the aroma of mulled wine, roasted almonds, potato pancakes and grilled sausages fills the Schlossplatz in front of the city hall and Johannisburg Palace: the Aschaffenburg Christmas market once again invites you for a pre-Christmas stroll with a picturesque backdrop. The huge Christmas pyramids and the over three-metre-high nutcracker delight visitors of all ages. A Franconian nativity scene with life-size wooden figures forms the centrepiece of the Christmas market, and a comprehensive program featuring alpine horns, children’s choirs, music and choral societies adds to the attractions, with the annual seniors’ Advent gala in the city hall on the first Sunday in Advent as one of the main highlights. For children there are two carousels of different sizes, a children’s big wheel and a railway track. And last but not least, hungry visitors to the Aschaffenburg Christmas market can fortify themselves before they go home with a wide range of culinary delights featuring Franconian specialities.
- Christmas market Aschaffenburg, Johannisburg Palace 28 November to 23 December 2018 Admission free www.info-aschaffenburg.de/weihnachtsmarkt.html