Built in 1685 – 1689 by Georg Dientzenhofer of Upper Bavaria on a well-known pilgrimage site dating back to the year 1133, the current Sanctuary is a masterpiece of the representation of the Holy Trinity. The number three is dominant in every part of the building. After a fire in 1880, the current ceiling frescoes were created by the painter Professor Oskar Martin-Amorbach in the years 1934-1940.
- The Kappl Church is open year-round
- In the winter (November to March) from sunrise to sunset, at all other times from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.