Mindelheimer Klettersteig (via ferrata)
On top of the world – phenomenal views are guaranteed when you traverse the Mindelheimer Klettersteig.
- Crossing the Schafalpenköpfe and the Kemptner Köpfle. The optional link from the Fiderepaßhütte to the Mindelheimer Hütte and vice versa takes around 4 hours
- Highest point: Northern Schafalpenkopf 2,320 m
- approx. 400 m of steel cables and some iron ladders
The Mindelheimer Klettersteig is one of the most interesting and picturesque routes of its kind. The entire via ferrata, rated medium to difficult (B-C), is well secured. Although it has countless smaller and a couple of larger steep passages, at no point is it terrifyingly precipitous or exceptionally exposed. Most of the time you are directly on the ridge, and therefore to a large extent safe from rockfall.
- Route description: Take the Kanzelwandbahn up to Kanzelwand top station, Kühgundalpe, Fiderepass-Hütte: approx. 2 hours / Fiderepass-Hütte, Mindelheimer Klettersteig, Mindelheimer Hütte: approx. 3.5 hours / Mindelheimer Hütte, Riezlern: approx. 3 hours, to Mittelberg approx. 2.5 hours.
- Equipment: Helmet, harness, via ferrata set with belay slings
Information: Surefootedness, an absolute head for heights and mountain experience required. Before setting out please check the latest weather forecast! Do not climb in stormy conditions – high risk of lightning strike!