The Franconian Open-Air Museum at Fladungen is a museum for rural buildings, rural life and industry in Lower Franconia. Around 20 farmhouses and village community buildings have been reconstructed in half-timbered and solid construction styles typical of the region. Farmsteads with stalls, barns and other outbuildings as well as two mills, the inn and the so-called “Cold Store” represent a period of time from the early 17th to the 20th century, towers majestically above the city. A cooperage, a sheep fold, a church, a brewhouse and a village school can also be found in the Open-Air Museum at Fladungen. One special feature of the museum is the train known as the “Rhön-Zügle”. As well as the steam engine and carriages from the 1930s, there is also a historic station building, constructed in 1898/99.
- Capacity/Logistics: Access on gravel roads for maximum 30 t, gate width 4 metres, parking in front of the museum
- Power supply: 32 amp CEE and 63 amp CEE
- Condition: good