This listed gem of a building from the 1970s has been radiating a new shine since its extensive refurbishment in May 2012. The exciting architecture, the contrasts between hard concrete and soft wood, clear lines and playful light and furniture elements all come together to create a unique venue for congresses, conferences, concerts and company events.
The k.klub restaurant with club, beer garden and terrace in the congress centre and the adjacent 4-star Dorint Hotel in the hotel tower together with the location close to the centre yet surrounded by an expansive park create a quality of stay that guests are sure to enjoy. As the third-largest economic area in Bavaria and with a history spanning some 2,000 years, Augsburg represents an attractive setting for all kinds of extracurricular activities.
Bavarian & Regional:
- Bavarian and Swabian catering provided by local companies
- "Biergarten am Park" right in the park
- Typical locations for extracurricular activities: Brauhaus Riegele (pub, beer garden, BierManufaktur brewery, BierAkademie, ...), Augsburg Puppenkiste (puppet theatre), Ratskeller restaurant and Kälberhalle brewery and beer hall.
- Puppet show by the Augsburger Puppenkiste
- Guided tours focusing on Augsburg topics with actors: Fugger, Brecht, Mozart