Neumarkt: a town in the Upper Palatinate in Eastern Bavaria. And not just any town, but something quite special. With history and tradition – and yet, with all its groundedness, surprisingly modern and open. Neumarkt, located between Nuremberg and Regensburg, has quite confidently created its own little world of art, culture and joie de vivre.
Things to see and experience:
- Old town with Town Hall & Marktstrasse
- Lothar Fischer Museum
- Town Museum
- Brewery Museum
- Jura Zoo
- Museum for Historical Maybach Cars
- 1st Bavarian Butcher and Weißwurst Museum with Weißwurst Academy
- Christmas market with crib exhibition
- Ice skating on the Ludwigskanal (mid-November - mid-March)
- Audio-visual town tours for everyone: explore the town on your own using a mini-computer, with a lot of information!
- Spring Festival
- Old Town Festival
- Classic Car Meet
- Jura Festival
- Summer in the Park from April to October
- Concert events in the Historische Reitstadel
- Sightsleeping® Hotel Landgasthof Meier **** The hotel displays a contemporary elegance that nonetheless remains true to its rural surroundings with the some striking interior design touches in the materials and colours employed.